More Bread

This is my quest to get MORE BREAD (ie money), get rid of debt and other random things in my life.

Thursday, August 16, 2007

The Great Apology

It's been 223 days since I last blogged about getting rid of my debt! I know it's terrible. I'd like to say it was because I had made so much progress I had nothing to blog about. Unfortunately, the opposite is the truth. My credit card debts have ballooned to over $11,000.

So what happened? As with all thing, life got in the way. I was focused on my career, enjoying life and getting by. and what do I have to show for it? nothing. No major purchases, no fantastic trips, no new car. I'm a perfect example of how a dollar here and ten bucks there quickly adds up. In addition to my credit card debt, I (and my wife) have $25k of student loans. So with a combined $36,000 total in debt hanging over my head, I humbly begin again to rid myself of this awful burden.

How will I do this? I'm glad you asked.

  • By transferring as much as I can to 0% interest credit cards


  • By diligently posting my progress here


  • By finding every way I can save and earn extra money


  • By actively engaging in the personal finance community for support, encouragement and ideas


How can you help?

  • By holding me accountable to posting frequently, spending/saving wisely


  • I give you permission to call me out when you see me doing something stupid


  • By giving me any advice you think would help


I'm truly sorry for letting myself and the blogging community down. Please continue to read my story and hopefully participate when you can. Let the healing being!

2 Comments:

At 9/16/2008 8:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sorry to hear about your debt, but it's great to be honest about it because you know what? That's what happens in life - ups and downs. I thought I would lend an opinion on a way to save more money, a high-yield savings account. I work with ShoreBank getting the word out about theirs - it gives 3.5% interest, no monthly fees, online access, and only has a $1 minimum. For more info visit this page: http://shorebankdirect.sbk.com/

 
At 1/11/2016 8:03 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Attention Webmaster,

We send you our deepest apologies for the existence of backlinks to lilduckduck.com on your website.
A careful external examination of our previous SEO management company’s tactics has demonstrated that it created these backlinks in violation of Google’s Terms of Service.
We are soliciting your kind aid in deleting these backlinks.
They can be found at:

http://morebread.blogspot.in/2006/09/charity-not-just-girls-name.html


Once you have deleted them, we can begin the process of restoring our search engine ranking, so we would appreciate the most rapid response you can provide.
Thank you for taking valuable time out of your day to help us.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home