More Bread

This is my quest to get MORE BREAD (ie money), get rid of debt and other random things in my life.

Friday, September 08, 2006

Free TV Episode

Amazon.com premiered it's movie/tv distribution system called amazonUnbox yesterday. You have to download their video player. It looks like once you download movies/tv shows you can transfer them to other devices. I haven't tried this yet as the free (more about that later) episode of Ink I'm downloading isn't finished. I chose Ink because I've never seen it and it looked interesting. Once it is completely downloaded, I plan to put it on my iPod. Downloading a 43 minute tv episode is taking about two hours. Therefore I'm assuming a full two hour movie will download in 4+ hours. I'm anxious to see if the quality of the download.

Ok, now for the free part. Amazon is giving a $1.99 rebate on any purchase of a tv episode or movie. Movies cost about $9.99 but tv episodes cost $1.99. Therefore, if you find a show you like, you can get a free episode. The rebate is instantaneous. Restrictions apply.

Update: Two hours to downlaod the episode. The image quality is great. Apparently a video iPod is not copmliant with Unbox. Bummer. The show was just ok.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home